Thursday, January 24, 2008

TRIBUTE TO ARTISTS-CHALLENGE

Mary Ann over at HANDMADE MONDAY - has a new challenge for this week - which is a TRIBUTE to our favorite artist....Well - I have two...Warhol and Monet...
So - the top of page I create my version of a Warhol look....I like manipulating my personal
photos and doing different colors and textures on them...so that is very Warhol to me.
Then I did this one:
Monet has a painting called Iris in Yellow and Mauve...which is one of my favorites...and
I tried to mimic it in colored pencils above. Nothing like Monet but a tribute none the less.
This was a fun challenge - and this is also my entry for CED.
Have a Terrific Tuesday.
Thanks for stopping by and Looking!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Ellie,

I tried to leave you a comment yesterday, but my computer was kind of frozen so I couldnt. It is more cooperative today! I hope you are feeling better today. I am loving your work--if I had to pick a fav I think it would be the Andy Warhol one. Very cool!

Annie

Anke Martin said...

Oh yes, they were great artists. I love your "monet" painting, beautiful!

Anke Martin said...

Oh yes, they were great artists. I love your "monet" painting, beautiful!